171104_apa_gasc_0005 (1).jpg

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart and players run through a banner before a college football game between Georgia and South Carolina in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, November 4, 2017. (photo/ Alex P. Arena)

The University of Georgia Athletics Association was awarded three southeast EMMY Awards for outstanding achievement  on Saturday, June 15, in Buckhead.  

The award was given to the athletics association by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Southeast at the 45th Annual Southeast EMMY Awards. 

Georgia Bulldogs Sports Marketing, the athletics association’s in-house video production unit, produced the winning programs. Georgia Alumna Maria Taylor, who is now working at ESPN, participated in the “Iron Mo” interview. 

The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, a professional, non-profit association dedicated to excellence in visual media, has the southeast region comprising the following geographic areas: Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Asheville, NC.  

The University of Georgia Athletic Association won Emmys in the sports daily or weekly program, sports program series and sports interview/discussion categories. 

The daily or weekly program win was given for the Kirby Smart All Access South Carolina episode, and the all access series took home the sports program win. The interview/discussion win was given for “Iron Mo.” 

Since back to 2014, the Georgia Athletics Association has won eight total Emmys.