210413_ks_BBvsGAState_034.jpg

Smoke from a nearby bonfire floats over Foley Field. The University of Georgia baseball team faced and beat Georgia State 10-7 on April 13, 2021, in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/ Kathryn Skeean, kskeean@randb.com)

Georgia baseball announced its schedule for the 2022 season on Wednesday afternoon. The Bulldogs will play 56 games, with the regular season starting on Feb. 18 as they host a three-game series against Albany.

Georgia will start SEC play against the defending national champions, Mississippi State. The Bulldogs will also host conference opponents Florida, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt and Missouri. Georgia will face Kentucky, South Carolina, Alabama, LSU and Tennessee on the road.

Out of conference, Georgia will resume its three-game series against Georgia Tech with one game at Foley Field, one game in Atlanta and the final game at Coolray Field in Lawrenceville, home of the Atlanta Braves’ Triple-A affiliate, the Gwinnett Stripers.

The Bulldogs will play a three-game series against Georgia Southern, starting the series in North Augusta, South Carolina at SRP Park, home of the Atlanta Braves’ Class A affiliate, the Augusta Green Jackets. Georgia will travel to Statesboro before hosting the Eagles for the final game of the series.

Georgia will host out of conference opponents, Wofford, Akron, Lipscomb, USC-Upstate, Clemson, Georgia State, Kennesaw State and Presbyterian. The Bulldogs will also play road games at Wofford, Clemson and Kennesaw State.

The SEC tournament will take place from May 24-29 in Hoover, Alabama. The NCAA tournament will begin June 3 at campus sites with the College World Series starting June 17 in Omaha, Nebraska.

Georgia’s fall workouts are currently happening and the Bulldogs will host Team Ontario on Sept. 28 and Western Carolina on Oct. 10. Fall workouts will end with Georgia facing Florida on Oct. 29 in Jacksonville, Florida.

Drew Hubbard is the sports editor of The Red & Black. He is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in journalism, minoring in sport management and pursuing the university's Sports Media Certificate.