Patrick Cunniff

Georgia distance coach Patrick Cunniff talks with runners during the Georgia Relays at the Spec Towns Track on Saturday, March 19, 2016 in Athens, Ga. (Photo by John Kelley/UGA)

The Georgia cross country team announced its fall schedule on Tuesday, as the Bulldogs are set to host the Bulldog Invitational at the UGA Golf Course on Sept. 8. 

The women are seeking their second consecutive trip to the NCAA Championships, while the men are looking for their first invitation since 2013.

“We will face incredible competition and unique courses and it will be fun to see how this team responds to those challenges," distance coach Patrick Cunniff said. "We know this schedule will allow our younger runners a variety of opportunities to race, to prove themselves and to move forward with their development. 

Georgia will open the season in Concord, North Carolina, at the Charlotte Opener on Aug. 31.

The Bulldogs will have five regularly scheduled meets, including the Bulldog Invitational, before the NCAA South Regional in Tallahassee, Florida, on Nov. 9. The NCAA Championships are set for Nov. 17 in Madison, Wisconsin.