The Georgia football team received its eight verbal commitment of the 2015 recruiting class Friday evening when Natrez Patrick announced he will be coming to Athens during halftime of his high school spring football game.

Patrick, a defensive end and linebacker for Benjamin E. Mays High School in Atlanta, was recruited by Alabama, Florida, Clemson and Auburn, among several others.

Among all positions, Patrick is rated the No. 69 player in the country and the No. 9 prospect in the state of Georgia by 247Sports. Patrick is listed No. 129 in ESPN's Top 300 players, and has an overall scout grade of 83. He is the highest-rated 2015 verbal commitment for Georgia thus far.

Standing at 6-foot-4, 248 pounds, Patrick has been a lethal force for the Mays High School Raiders and has drawn the eyes of several top programs throughout the country. Some were concerned Patrick would not choose Georgia once Bulldogs defensive coordinator Todd Grantham left for Louisville earlier this year, and an unofficial visit to Ole Miss increased those doubts two weeks ago.

Patrick was apparently just entertaining his options as he spoke highly of new Bulldogs defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt Friday night following his announcement.

"I knew he was a great coach, obviously coming from Florida State," Patrick said to 247Sports. "That said a lot in itself, and I made an instant connection with him as soon as he came through the door."

According to Patrick, Pruitt will likely use him at outside linebacker, but his experience at defensive end could help the Bulldogs if needed.

Patrick was recruited by weakside linebackers coach Kevin Sherrer and running back coach Bryan McClendon, who also attended Mays. Now, the Bulldogs will hope Patrick helps them recruit other top-tier athletes in the Atlanta area, including his teammate Dallas Warmack who is verbally committed to Alabama. ​

Patrick was the fifth defensive commitment of the Bulldogs' eight commitments for the class of 2015. 

Watsonone

I am very impressed with this guy. Great job of recruiting[smile]