190420_GMA_GDayFirstHalf0001.jpg

The University of Georgia mascot, Uga, takes the field before the start of the scrimmage. The Georgia football team scrimmaged for its annual G-Day game on Saturday, April 20, 2019, at Sanford, Stadium in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

The University of Georgia football team has another wide receiver to its 2020 recruiting class.

Corey Wren is a 5-foot-9, 170-pound three-star recruit out of New Orleans Louisiana.

Playing out of the backfield in his junior year of high school, Wren rushed for 886 yards and 10 touchdowns on 82 carries. He had seven receptions for 95 yards as well, according to 247sports.

When speaking with 247sports, Wren said he believes his role at the University of Georgia will be different from what he had in high school. He expects to mostly be used as a slot receiver as well as a kickoff return and punt return.

Wren could fit into any of these roles as he is one of the class’s fastest prospects. As a track standout at John Curtis High School, Wren posted 100-meter times below 11 seconds, with his best times all being around 10.4 seconds.

Wren chose Georgia over Arizona State University and the University of Houston.