Spencer Ralston

Georgia's Spencer Ralston during The Carmel Cup at Pebble Beach Golf Links in Pebble Beach, Calif., Aug. 31-Sept. 2. (Photo by John Weast)

On Thursday, June 20, Georgia golfers Trent Phillips, Spencer Ralston and Davis Thompson were chosen as All-Americans according to PING and the Golf Coaches Association of America.

Phillips finished in the top 10 in seven tournaments and placed in the top 20 in 11 out of 12. His performances over the course of the year earned him multiple accolades such as being named to the GCAA National All-Freshman team, the All-SEC first team, the SEC All-Freshman team and the GCAA for the Division I PING All-Southeast Region Team. The Inman, South Carolina, native also was named the SEC Freshman of the Year.

The All-American honor marked Ralston’s second of his career. The junior from Gainesville, Florida, was named to the All-Southeast Region Team and First-Team All-SEC earlier this season. Ralston finished in the top 10 six times and won his first collegiate competition at the Linger Longer Invitational.

As for Thompson, his season highlight came when he booked Georgia’s spot in the NCAA Championships with his win at the NCAA Athens Regional at the UGA Golf Course. The sophomore from Auburn, Alabama, was named to the All-SEC second team and finished in top 10 four times this past season.

Head coach Chris Haack now has 31 golfers who have been named to the All-American team 65 times in his 23 seasons as head coach.