UGAmen'sgolfSpencerRalston

Georgia's Spencer Ralston during The Carmel Cup at Pebble Beach Golf Links in Pebble Beach, Calif., Aug. 31-Sept. 2. (Photo by John Weast)

The Georgia men’s golf team was eliminated from the SEC championship by Texas A&M in the quarterfinals on Saturday. It lost 3-2 in the matchup against the Aggies at St. Simons Island.

Georgia’s two wins came from junior Spencer Ralston and freshman Trent Phillips. Ralston posted a 6-4 victory and led by as many as five over opponent Dan Erickson. Trent Phillips’ matchup was much closer, as both players were tied through 12, but his late hole performances led to a win.

Junior Trevor Phillips’ matchup went down to the final hole, eventually dropping a 1-up decision to Walker Lee.

Freshman Will Kahlstorf had a performance similar to Trent’s, all square through hole No. 10, but the Aggies’ Brandon Smith pulled ahead later in the holes to seal the victory.

Sophomore Davis Thompson fell behind by three after hole No. 5, eventually losing the decision at 3-2 to Chandler Phillips.

Georgia head coach Chris Haack was proud about his team’s performance. He knows a few things need to tweaked, but other than that, he wants to get back to practice for the NCAA Regional.

“We fought all the way and I was proud of the guys,” Haack said. “We’ll go home and work on the same things, try to get sharper, eliminate some mistakes, and get ready for the next one.”

The Bulldogs will be on rest for until they host the NCAA Regional at the UGA Golf Course from May 13-15. The field for the tournament will be announced on Wednesday.