190227_ks_BasketballvsAuburn_0019.jpg

Nicolas Claxton screams on the sideline as a teammate makes a three point shot. The University of Georgia men’s basketball team hosted the Auburn team to fall by a final score of 78-75 on Feb. 27, 2019 in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/ Kathryn Skeean)

The SEC's coaches named Georgia men’s basketball forward Nicolas Claxton to the All-SEC second-team Tuesday.

He’s not the first Claxton to be bestowed with such an honor. Nicolas Claxton’s father Charles earned second-team All-SEC as a member of the 1993 Bulldogs team. The Claxtons join Vanderbilt’s Frank and Luke Kornet as the only father-son duos to be named to an All-SEC team.

Claxton leads Georgia in four major statistical categories: points (13.0 ppg), rebounding (8.6 rpg), blocks (2.4 bpg) and steals (1.1 spg). Before senior point guard Turtle Jackson usurped him in assists late in the season, Claxton was one of only two players in Division I to lead his team in all five categories.

It is the seventh consecutive year Georgia has had at least one player on the first or second team All-SEC.

Claxton’s performance is a bright spot in an otherwise gloomy season for the Bulldogs (11-20, 2-16). In a press availability on March 8, Claxton said it’s been a rough season.

“I would say up and down but it’s really been a down season,” Claxton said.

Georgia, the 13th seed, plays Missouri on Wednesday in the first round of the SEC Tournament.