180330_VMH_UGAMTvsMississippiState_0511.jpg

University of Georgia men's tennis head coach Manuel Diaz observes the dual match against No. 12-ranked Mississippi State University at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex in Athens, Georgia, on Friday, March 30, 2018. Mississippi State defeated Georgia 4-0. (Photo/Vira Halim, www.virahalim.wordpress.com)

The No. 17-ranked Georgia men’s tennis team fell to No. 43 Kentucky in a 5-2 loss at the Boone Tennis Center in Lexington, Kentucky, on Friday.

With the loss, Georgia (11-9, 6-5 SEC) broke a four-match winning streak that began on March 29.

"Kentucky played great doubles today in taking the lead,” Georgia head coach Manuel Diaz said. “We have to be tougher.”

The Bulldogs were outclassed in doubles with the freshman duo of Trent Bryde and Phillip Henning securing the team’s only win.

Georgia bounced back with a hot start in singles with five first set wins to begin singles play. But despite the lead, the Bulldogs weren’t able to capitalize.

Phillip Henning and Walker Duncan grabbed the only singles wins.

Henning secured a 6-2, 6-2 win over Kentucky’s Parth Aggarwal, and Duncan triumphed 6-2, 7-5 over Kevin Huempfner.

The Wildcats reclaimed the lead and clinched the victory with three third-set wins to put an end to the Bulldog’s hot streak.

Georgia will wrap up the regular season when it travels to Nashville face Vanderbilt on Sunday.