180330_VMH_UGAMTvsMississippiState_0510.jpg

University of Georgia men's tennis head coach Manuel Diaz observes the dual match against No. 12-ranked Mississippi State University at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex in Athens, Georgia, on Friday, March 30, 2018. Mississippi State defeated Georgia 4-0. (Photo/Vira Halim, www.virahalim.wordpress.com)

On Thursday, the Intercollegiate Tennis Association held its annual draft for the kickoff weekend tournament that will be held on Jan. 25 and 26, 2020. Georgia selected Starkville, Mississippi where the Bulldogs will be the No. 4 seed.

The ITA is different from other collegiate events because of the annual draft, where each team selects what regional they want to play in. The selections are made by the 2018-2019 Oracle/ITA Collegiate Tennis Rankings.

Mississippi State was chosen as one of the 15 host sites for this year’s ITA Kickoff Weekend, where three other teams will be joining them to compete for a chance to play in the National Team Indoors.

Georgia and the No. 1 seed Mississippi State Bulldogs will be joined by the No. 2 seed Oklahoma Sooners, as well as the No. 3 seed South Carolina Gamecocks.

The winner of the weekend tournament will advance to the National Team Indoor Championships hosted by the Wisconsin Badgers.

Georgia has made the finals in 1982, 1994, 1995, 1997 and 2009 and next year the Bulldogs will be looking to make the finals once again and win their 3rd National Team Indoor Championship (2006,2007).