(180308)_KES_buildingmug_0004-1.jpg

Miller Learning Center (MLC) is located on UGA's north campus. (Photo/Kaitlynn Smith)

For the 2019 spring semester, 287 University of Georgia student-athletes were named to the J. Reid Parker Director of Athletics Honor Roll, an award earned with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher.

The number is up three from the fall, 284 athletes made that list, but it is down from last spring when 312 student-athletes made the honor roll.  

Of those 287 student-athletes, eight earned the recognition of Presidential Scholar honors for finishing the semester with a perfect 4.00 GPA while taking 14 or more hours. The Presidential Scholars for spring 2019 include: men's track and field member Nicholas Yanek (Bettendorf, Iowa); equestrians Sarah Finkel (Walnut Creek, Calif.) and Margaret Lemons (Salt Lake City, Utah); soccer team member Caroline Chipman (Atlanta, Ga.); softball team member Amanda Ablan (Lawrenceville, Ga.); women's tennis member Annette Goulak (Oak Park, Calif.); women's track and field members Samantha Drop (Durham, Conn.) and Courtney Long (Ackworth, Ga.). 

The list, in full, can be found here.