19.1.7_RAC_SwimmingVsHarvard-9.jpg

Keegan Walsh explodes backwards off the block to start the 100 yard backstroke. University of Georgia Men’s Swim and Dive Defeated Harvard 170.5 to 129.5 on Monday, January 7, 2019 in Gabrielsen Natatorium. (Photo/Ryan Cameron rac86114@uga.edu)

Georgia concluded its regular season with the Last Chance Meet at Gabrielsen Natatorium on Sunday.

Junior Keegan Walsh ended the day by clinching a spot in the NCAA championships with his time of 1:41.16 in the 200-yard backstroke. Walsh’s time was the sixth fastest time in school history and 13th fastest in the nation.

Fellow junior Caleb Harrington posted a time of 1:46.87 in the 200-yard butterfly, a season best for Harrington.

Freshman Sloane Reinstein competed in the 200 freestyle and posted a time of 1:46.29 while sophomore Riley Scruggs finished with a time of 44.29 in the 100-yard freestyle, notching his third personal record of the weekend.

On the first day of events, senior Courtney Harnish achieved a career best time of 51.96 in the 100-yard butterfly. Harnish’s time also ranked eighth best in Georgia history. 

On the men’s side, Harrington earned a B-cut in the 100 butterfly with a time of 47.36 whereas freshman Zach Franklin earned a personal record in the event.

Junior Callie Dickinson placed a season best time of 1:57.41 in the 200 IM, earning her a B-cut in the event. Senior Sammie Burchill also earned a B-cut in the women’s freestyle with a personal best time of 1:47.10.

Finally, sophomore Zoie Hartman posted a B-cut in the 50-yard freestyle while fellow sophomore Riley Scruggs earned a personal record in the 50 and 200 free for mens.

Meanwhile in diving, Meghan Wenzel finished in second place with a score of 279 in the 1-meter springboard event while redshirt junior Ambria D’Alonzo finished with a season best score of 255.53 in the event.

On the men’s side, junior Hudson Coldren earned a score of 220.35 on the 1-meter.

Georgia will now focus on the NCAA championships which take place in Greensboro, North Carolina. Diving championships will take place on March 7-9 while the women’s meet will take place on March 17-20 followed by the men’s meet from March 24-27.