Michael Nicholls

Georgia's Michael Nicholls during the Spec Towns Invitational at the Spec Towns Track in Athens, Ga., on Friday, April 6, 2018.

The Georgia track and field team turned in another brilliant performance as the Mt. SAC Relays in Torrance, California, and the Beach Invitational in Long Beach, California, concluded on Saturday.

The high jumping duo of senior Keenon Laine and junior Darius Carbin experienced a strong outing while senior Denzel Comenentia posted yet another monstrous mark in the throws.

Georgia is being rushed into the national discussion with performances over the last three days.

“I’m very happy with our student-athletes performances today,” head coach Petros Kyprianou said. “The elite group has showed up and performed at a high level with serious NCAA qualifying marks.”

The pair of Laine and Carbin both successfully passed the seven foot mark. Laine matched his season best of 7 feet, 4 1/4 inches en route to being the top collegiate finisher and tying his No. 3 spot on the NCAA list. Carbin reached a new season best of 7 feet, 2 1/4 inches, making him the third collegiate finisher.

Comenentia lifted his third attempt in the shot put to a season best distance of 68 feet, 2 1/4 inches at the Mt. SAC Relays. He was the third collegiate finisher and moves to No. 5 on the national list.

Junior Amber Tanner ran her second 2:04 of 2019 in the 800 meters to win the Invitational race with a 2:04.93. This finish is just .33 seconds off her personal record but would still be No. 12 in the NCAA.

Tanner returned in the 4x400m-meter relay with fellow Lady Bulldogs junior Micaiah Ransby, freshman Sterling Lester, and sophomore Chelsea Zoller.

The quartet clocked a 3:36.78 to finish sixth in the race.

Senior Michael Nicholls ran the second-fastest 110-meter hurdles time of his season at 13.83 for fifth place.

“This was another productive and successful weekend out west that our top athletes and young ones benefitted as projected,” Kyprianou said. “Now we have to go home and celebrate one of out greatest runners, the late Torrin Lawrence, at our special senior night and last meet of the regular season.”