20180406_GMA_Track&Field0152.jpg

Sophomore Micaiah Ransby from Roswell, Georgia, competes in the 200 meter dash for the University of Georgia at the Spec Towns Invitational Meet in Athens, Georgia, on Friday, April 6, 2018. (Photo/Gabriella Audi)

Three Georgia track and field athletes competed in day one of Florida Relays on Thursday. The meet is being held in Gainesville, Florida, through Saturday night.

Junior Micaiah Ransby made her first 2019 outdoor appearance with a time of 24.02 in the 200 meter. This finish was good for the eighth-fastest wind-legal time (22nd overall).

In the women’s 5000m, junior Tiffany Yue finished 37th after completing the event in 17:58.86 seconds. During the men’s race, freshman Darr Smith completed his laps in 14:46.85, a 24th place finish.

The three-day meet continues for Georgia on Friday.

Senior Hayden Merrick will compete in the women’s discus at 11:30 a.m. and senior Michael Nicholls will run his first 110-meter hurdle race of the season at 12:15 p.m.

Meanwhile, sophomore Halle McClintock will begin the Raleigh Relays in Raleigh, North Carolina, for Georgia on Friday. She will open in the 1500m at 5:40p.m. All seven Bulldogs traveling to this meet will compete on Friday, while other Georgia athletes will continue competition in Florida.