Jessica Drop

Georgia’s Jessica Drop during the Torrin Lawrence Memorial at Spec Towns Track in Athens, Ga. on Saturday, May 6, 2017. (Photo by Cory A. Cole)

The Georgia track & field team had athletes competed at multiple events on Friday. Here are the results:

Florida Relays

The Bulldogs' track & field teams recorded multiple revisions to the record books during the second day of the Florida Relays in Gainesville. The team also accrued a top-five national mark.

One Bulldog record setter was sophomore Marie-Therese Obst. Obst completed the javelin with a personal record 176 feet, 3 1/2 inches, which came on her opening toss. She finished second with the toss and moved to fifth on Georgia’s all-time list and on the 2019 NCAA list.

Senior Denzel Comenentia, the defending NCAA champion in the hammer throw, opened with a mark of 241-8 in the hammer. The score was good for the second best collegiate finisher as well as second on the 2019 national list.

Lynna Irby moved into the ninth spot in Georgia’s all-time top-10 list in her sophomore season. She scored a personal best 11.40 for 11th in the 100 meter. Her time was the fifth best wind-legal finish of the day.

Junior Amber Tanner returned to the track for the first time since earning indoor All-American honors in the 4x400m relay.

She left with the Bulldog’s ninth-best time in school history with a 53.59-second split, good for 14th in the 400m.

Senior Michael Nicholls finished seventh in the 110m hurdle with a time of 13.92. The event featured a 52-man field.

In the pole vault, junior Kayla Smith managed to clear 13-5.25 to take third.

Saturday will see Denzel Comenentia compete in the discus at 11 a.m.

Raleigh Relays

Junior Jessica Drop forced her name into the national forefront with her 5000-meter performance in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Drop opened her spring campaign with an NCAA leading time of 15:48.92, making her the top collegiate finisher (second overall) in the 5000m.

Junior Ansley Heavern registered a personal record of 17.23.45 for 22nd overall.

The final race for the lady Bulldogs came with the 10,000 meter. In her first collegiate appearance in the event, senior Grace Tavani took over the 10th spot in the Bulldog record books with a 34:56.08. The finish was good for 24th place.