181128_GMA_WomensBballMercer0040.jpg

UGA head coach Joni Taylor talks to the referee during a game against Mercer on Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018, in Athens, Georgia. The UGA women’s basketball team beat the Mercer Bears with a score of 67-60. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

The University of Georgia Lady Bulldog basketball team will take on the defending NCAA Champions, the Baylor Bears in Waco, Texas, on Dec. 4 in the Big 12/SEC Challenge. 

The matchup between the Lady Bulldogs and the Bears will be the first game of the five-day competition, and the second all-time meeting between the two teams. The Bears won the first game in 2005, 84-72.

After going 18-12 in the 2018-2019 season, the Lady Bulldogs have six of their top eight scorers from last season returning as well as a top-15 recruiting class. 

Freshman guard Chloe Chapman was the No. 31 ranked player in the nation according to espnW. Joining Chapman are a top-15 forward in Jordan Isaacs and a top-40 five-star prospect in Javyn Nicholson.

The full season schedule for the Lady Bulldogs will be announced at a later date.