190412_GMA_WomensGolf0003.jpg

Georgia golfer Jenny Bae chips the ball at the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic on Friday, April 12, 2019, in Athens, Georgia. Georgia women’s golf went into Friday as the No. 7 seed for match play after tying Ole Miss for sixth place on Thursday. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

In the final round of the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic, the Georgia women’s golf team went on to beat the Arkansas Razorbacks in the third-place match, 3-2, thanks to victories from the Bulldogs' three freshmen.

“It’s always good to get a win,” head coach Josh Brewer said. “To beat the defending SEC Champions is special. I think it’s massive. We’ve played well at times this year, but in this sport, you don’t always get rewarded with a win. We picked up two this weekend and were really close to a third. We’re going to use that to our advantage.”

Jo Hua Hung defeated All-American Dylan Kim, 4-and-3. Freshman Jenny Bae defeated Carla Gorlei, 2-and-1. The third Georgia freshman to win was Harmie Constantino,  who beat Maria Hoyos, 1-up.

“We had a really great performance from Jo this week,” Brewer said. “She won all three matches and did so today in a dominating way over an All-American. Jenny picked up her first win in solid fashion, and Harmie won a great match too.”

South Carolina, who beat Georgia in Friday’s semifinals, took home the Liz Murphey team title after edging Augusta, 3-2.