190223_jca_finals _05.jpg

Courtney Harnish, a sophomore freestyle and butterfly swimmer from York, Pennsylvania, swims the 1650 yard freestyle during finals on Feb. 23, 2019 at the Gabirelson Natatorium in Athens, Georgia. The University of Georgia hosted the 2019 SEC Swim and Dive Championship over five days. (Photo/Julian Alexander)

Ten of Georgia’s fastest female swimmers this season found their names listed in official psych sheets for the 2019 NCAA Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships Wednesday.

A team led by its young talent, Georgia’s underclassmen received six of the 10 invitations, with four freshmen accounting for the most representatives from any class. The Bulldogs also qualified one senior, three juniors and two sophomores.

Georgia brings five top-10 swims to NCAAs. Sophomore Courtney Harnish holds the No. 3 spot nationally in the 500 freestyle, junior Veronica Burchill stands at No. 7 in the 100 freestyle and No. 10 in the 100 butterfly, freshman Olivia Carter ranks No. 6 in the 200 butterfly and freshman Dakota Luther falls right behind her teammate at No. 7 in the event.

Qualifying four different swimmers in the 200 butterfly, Georgia will send Harnish and senior Caitlin Casazza alongside Carter and Luther in the Bulldogs’ most populated event.

Four Bulldogs received invites to multiple events. Burchill, Harnish and Carter accepted invitations in three events each, while Luther will compete in two. Georgia may also compete athletes on up to four of the five relay events.

Also earning bids to NCAAs are juniors Sofia Carnevale and Meryn McCann, sophomore Danielle Della Torre and freshmen Callie Dickinson and Madison Homovich. Alongside the 10 invites, Georgia is expected to include juniors Katherine Aikins and Jordan Stout and sophomore Gabi Fa’amausili as relay alternates.

Wednesday’s roster is not yet all-inclusive, as next week’s Zone B Diving Championships in Auburn, Alabama, will determine the Bulldogs’ representatives on the diving boards. Monday through Wednesday, juniors McKensi Austin and Freida Lim, as well as freshmen Ellie Crump, Ambria D’Alonzo and Kelliann Howell will seek to punch their tickets to NCAAs.

The Georgia women’s team will travel to Austin, Texas, for the NCAA championships from March 20-23. The men follow right behind, as final rosters will be announced next Wednesday before their competition in Austin March 27-30.