190220_jca_finals_24.jpg

Olivia Carter, a freshman butterfly and individual medley swimmer from Greensboro, North Carolina, swims during the evening session of finals on day 2 of the 2019 SEC swim and dive championships on Feb. 20, 2019 at the Gabrielson Natatorium in Athens, Georgia. According to unofficial results published on Meet Mobile, the Georgia women rank fourth out of ten teams; the Georgia men rank seventh. (Photo/Julian Alexander).

Two Georgia women's swimmers recorded top-16 times on the third day of the NCAA Division I Women's Swimming and Diving Championships Friday night.

With one day of competition left, Georgia stands in 23rd place with 34 points overall.

“I thought we had a really good evening session,” associate head coach Stefanie Moreno said. “I’m super proud of the girls and how they raced this morning. We had a lot of best swims and scored some points.”

Freshman Olivia Carter placed 12th overall in the consolation final of the 100-yard butterfly and earned a new career-best time of 51.77, which places her at No. 6 on Georgia’s all-time list in the event.

Dakota Luther also recorded a new career-best in the 100 butterfly prelims Friday morning with a time of 52.10 and placed 16th, moving her to the No. 8 spot on the all-time list. Danielle Della Torre was the third swimmer of the day to record a new personal best with a time of 1:00.67 in the 100 breaststroke prelims Friday morning.

Currently, California holds the first place spot with 328 points, and Stanford (299.5) and Michigan follow close behind (233).

Saturday’s final events include the 200 backstroke, 100 freestyle, 200 breaststroke, 200 butterfly, 400 freestyle relay, 1650 freestyle, and platform diving.

“I think tomorrow is going to be our day,” Moreno said. “We have a lot of 200 flyers and backstrokers. We’re super excited to get to tomorrow’s day and there’s nothing better than the last morning session to be Bulldog tough.”