190505_jca_tennis_37.jpg

A shot of the women’s tennis arch during singles play against Wake Forest University on May 5, 2019 at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex in Athens, Georgia. Georgia defeated Wake Forest 4-0 to progress to the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament. (Photo/Julian Alexander)

On Wednesday, the 2020 Intercollegiate Tennis Association Kickoff Weekend schedule was released. The Georgia women's tennis team will play host to the University of Notre Dame, Furman University and Michigan State University.

The ITA Kickoff Weekend is scheduled to be played Jan. 24-27 and is marked as the beginning of the collegiate dual season.

60 teams will participate at 15 different sites around the country with four teams at each site, competing for a chance to travel to Chicago, Ill., to play in the ITA National Indoor Team Championships hosted by the University of Illinois.

Georgia, the defending National Indoor Champion, will play as the No. 1 seed against the No. 4 seed Michigan State Spartans in the first round. Georgia has been a host of the ITA all but one year since 2009 and is 20-0 in Athens and 21-1 overall in the event.

UGA will be looking to secure its ninth straight trip to the National Indoors, where they have won four National Indoor Titles (1994, 1995, 2002, 2019) while appearing 30 times since the beginning of the event in 1988.