190405_GMA_SpecTowns0069.jpg

Georgia heptathlete Sterling Lester competes in the 200 meter dash at the Spec Towns Track Invitational on Friday, April 5, 2019, in Athens, Georgia. Friday is the first of a two-day invitational meet hosted by UGA that welcomes track and field teams from all over the country. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

The Georgia women's track and field wrapped up competition on Saturday with a 10th consecutive season in the score column at the NCAA Outdoor Championships.

After the Georgia men's team finished fourth on Friday, the women responded by claiming 66th place with one point. The combined teams have accounted for 10 top-four national team trophies since the 2016 season.

“This was not the finish we are used to and an extreme contrast to the men’s podium finish on Friday night,” head coach Petros Kyprianou said. “However, it’s a good lesson to the young ones who battled this weekend here in Austin."

Freshman Sterling Lester had a total of four personal bests throughout the meet along with a career-high 5,694 points in the heptathlon, the seventh-best score in school history. She was the nation’s top freshman after starting on the event halfway into the season.

“I am proud of Sterling Lester’s personal bests," Kyprianou said. "She’s basically a senior in high school right now since she enrolled early and I thought she fought a good battle.”

Fellow freshman Sakari Famous cleared a height of 5 feet, 7 inches in the high jump. She finishes the season tied for 21st after the first attempt matched her SEC best.

During the only track event of the day for the Lady Bulldogs, junior Jessica Drop competed in the 5000m, taking 19th overall. She ran the 12.5 laps in 16 minutes, 40.84 seconds as the Georgia season came to a close.

Unfortunately for the Bulldogs, freshman standout jumper Titiana Marsh saw her ankle injury flare up before she completed in the triple jump. She sustained the injury earlier in the week during practice. She still participated in the event and after a pair of fouls, jumped for a 43-0.50 third attempt effort.

“I’m looking forward to the incoming class," Kyprianou said. "[As well as] the maturity of the current women’s team and our improvements from the coaching side in the year to come.”