Spencer Ralston

Georgia's Spencer Ralston during The Carmel Cup at Pebble Beach Golf Links in Pebble Beach, Calif., Aug. 31-Sept. 2.

Following its fourth-place finish after round one, the Georgia men’s golf team improved to second place after the second round of the Linger Longer Invitational from Greensboro, Georgia.

The Bulldogs posted a 5-under 283 to bring their score to an 8-under 568 so far, tying with three other teams for second.

Spencer Ralston and Trent Phillips paced the Bulldogs on Saturday as they both ended the day with a 3-under 69, with each of them getting at least three birdies in the round.

Ralston is now at seventh place overall, with a 5-under 139, two shy out of tying for first place. Trent Phillips is now at an even-par 144 on the weekend.

Will Kahlstorf had an even-par 72 on the day, followed by Davis Thompson and Trevor Phillips who both posted a 1-over 73.

Playing as individuals, John Hilliard Catanzaro finished the day at 2-under 70, followed by Will Chandler who had a score of 1-under 71 and David Sikes who recorded a 4-over 76.

During play this past Saturday, Chandler had a hole in one, his first in the collegiate competition and his third overall.

The Bulldogs will finish the Linger Longer Tournament on Sunday, facing off against Alabama and Liberty.