trevor phillips

Georgia’s Trevor Phillips during the SEC Championship at Sea Island Golf Club on St. Simons Island, Ga., on Wednesday, April 25, 2018. Courtesy UGA Sports Comm. 

The 12th-ranked Georgia men's golf team stands alone in fourth place after the first round of the Linger Longer Invitational in Greensboro, Georgia.

This is Georgia’s second competition this week as the Bulldogs participated in the General Hackler Championship earlier this week.

Georgia’s score following Friday’s round was 3-under 285, trailing Liberty, UNC Greensboro and the team leader Louisville, which fired a 10-under 278.

Trevor Phillips led the Bulldogs in round one with a 3-under 69, placing him sixth among all competitors. Junior Spencer Ralston posted a 2-under 70 to get him to 13th place. Will Kahlstorf carded a 1-under 71 for 20th, while Davis Thompson and Trent Phillips both have scores of 3-over 75.

Playing as an individual in the invitational, sophomore David Sikes had a 5-over 77. Will Chandler and John Hilliard Catanzaro both recorded 7-over 79s, also as individuals.

The Linger Longer Invitational will continue all weekend until its conclusion this Sunday.