190302_ks_EquestrianvsSC_0027.jpg

Graysen Stroud slides to a stop aboard Peppy. University of Georgia equestrian hosted and defeated South Carolina by a final score of 13-7 in Bishop, Georgia on March 2, 2019. (Photo/Kathryn Skeean)

After an impressive senior season, Graysen Stroud was selected to compete in the Collegiate Reining Championship as part of the National Reining Horse Association Derby on June 21. 

In her senior season, Stroud named the Southeastern Conference Reining Rider of the Year, the NCEA Reining Co-Rider of the Year, as well as being named to the All-SEC and NCEA All-Championship team for Reining and first team Ariat All-America honors.

The Snohomish, Washington, native finished her career an overall Reining record of 40-21-2. Stroud went 12-1 at Nationals to lead the Bulldogs to a Reserve National Championship, Western National Title and Horsemanship and Reining Event National Titles.

Georgia has had eight riders selected to compete 14 times in program history. McKenzie Lantz became the first-ever two-time winner in 2012 and 2014, while Kyndall Harper and Julia Spreng finished second in 2016 and 2017.

The competition will feature 12 of the top collegiate riders with four representing the three collegiate associations. Those associations are NRHA, the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association and the National Collegiate Equestrian Association.