180310_emh_gymdogsvsboisestate_0026.JPG

Emily Schild is shown on bars in a gymnastics meet against Boise State in Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, March 10, 2018. (Photo/ Emily Haney, emilyhaney.com)

Georgia gymnast Emily Schild will be out for the remainder of the season due to a knee injury, a team spokesperson said Tuesday.

The sophomore did not compete in Georgia’s most recent meet at Elevate the Stage in Birmingham, Alabama, last Friday. Freshman Rachael Lukacs filled in for Schild on bars and counted a career-high 9.825.

Prior to March 8, Schild had appeared in every bars lineup this season and performed three times on beam. Schild counted a score this season in all but one meet and led Georgia’s bars effort on March 1 at LSU, tying a season-high 9.85 on the event. Schild’s 9.673 season bars average ranks fifth on the team.

In her freshman campaign last season, Schild competed in seven of 14 meets. She recorded seven appearances on bars, four on beam and one on vault. Last year, Schild posted a career-high 9.875 on bars as well as a career-high 9.825 on beam.

Schild entered the Georgia gymnastics team in 2017 following a successful club career. She was a three-time member of the U.S. National Team and earned a team gold medal at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto, Canada. In 2016, Schild competed at the 2016 Olympic trials and finished ninth on vault, but was not selected to the Olympic team.

The Huntersville, North Carolina, native came to Athens alongside fellow hometown GymDog sophomore Marissa Oakley, who trained with Schild at Everest Gymnastics under Qi Han and Yiwen Chen.

This isn’t Schild’s first time dealing with an injury during her college career. Schild spent half of her freshman year recovering from a hyperextended knee injury.