190420_RAC_SecondHalf-14.jpg

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart talks with a reporter and referee. The red team won the scrimmage with a score of 22-17. (Photo/Ryan Cameron rac86114@uga.edu)

The end of June is a time when college football teams prepare for the upcoming season. Kirby Smart and his coaching staff have also been busy crafting one of the premier 2020 recruiting classes.

According to 247Sports, the Bulldogs have the No. 4 ranked 2020 recruiting class. Based on recent visits from top recruits, there may be more on the way.

Recent Commitments

Marcus Rosemy, a four-star wide receiver out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, announced his commitment to Georgia on Thursday, June 20.

The 6-foot-2, 187-pound prospect is ranked 39th overall and sixth among wide receivers in the 2020 class. While he is reliable in catching the ball in high traffic situations, Rosemy lacks true downfield threat. He has size and short-distance explosiveness, and will be best used as a possession receiver.

Corey Wren, a 5-foot-9, 170-pound three-star recruit from New Orleans, Louisiana, committed to Georgia on Friday, June 21.

Wren could fit in as a slot receiver or kick returner as he is one of the class’s fastest prospects. A track standout at John Curtis Christian School, Wren’s personal best 100-meter time is 10.41 seconds.

Jared Zirkel, a two-star kicker and punter, announced his commitment to Georgia on Thursday, June 13. Zirkel recently won the 2019 University of Georgia Kickoff Competition over nearly 150 other campers and received an offer shortly thereafter.

With Rodrigo Blankenship’s college career coming to a close, Zirkel — who has a near-60 yard kicking range — could be the replacement when he makes his way to Athens in 2020.

Busy Weekends

From June 14-16, numerous 2020 recruits were welcomed to Athens on visits to Georgia’s campus and football facilities.

First, five-star recruit Kendall Milton was the most-hyped visit of the weekend. A commitment from the 6-foot-2, 220 pound running back could round off one of the best recruiting classes in the nation.

Additionally, Smart is looking to shore up the tight end position come 2020 as two four-star recruits also arrived on their official visits two weeks ago. Jalin Conyers and Maliq Carr are both 6-foot-4 prospects and could be the next breakout tight ends for Georgia after Isaac Nauta was drafted in the seventh round of the NFL Draft in April.

Additionally, four-star recruit Andrew Raym went on his official visit to Georgia on June 14. The 6-foot-5, 285 pound offensive guard could join recent commit Joshua Braun and a slew of other talented offensive lineman in the 2020 class.

Lastly, 2021 five-star defensive end recruit Donell Harris decommitted and reclassified to 2020 on June 13 after visiting multiple schools including Georgia. His commitment is wide open and Georgia could be in the mix for another promising defensive lineman.

Couple all of these possibilities with the current roster, and Georgia’s team in 2020 should shape up to be a promising one.