190420_GMA_GDaySecondHalf0010.jpg

Georgia wide receiver Jeremiah Holloman (9) runs the football into the endzone for a touchdown during the second half of the annual G-Day game on Saturday, April 20, 2019, at Sanford, Stadium in Athens, Georgia. The red team won the scrimmage with a score of 22-17. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

Jeremiah Holloman has been dismissed from the University of Georgia football team after an investigation into an assault, according to The Covington News.

The incident occurred at around 4 a.m. April 22, 2018, the morning after the 2018 G-Day Scrimmage, and the assault was reported to police June 2, 2019.

The victim was taken to Athens Regional Medical Center and received six stitches.

The Covington News reported the victim was grabbed around the throat and punched in the face. Holloman is accused of aggravated assault and battery.

In a statement to The Covington News, Georgia head coach Kirby Smart said Holloman will no longer represent the football program.

"We expect every member of our team to uphold the highest standards and values of the University of Georgia and Georgia football. It is disappointing when this does not happen,” Smart said in the statement.