Sophomore Katarina Jokic was one of three Georgia women’s tennis players that earned 2019 Intercollegiate Tennis Association NCAA Division I All-American honors.

Jokic earned her third All-America recognition, while junior Marta Gonzalez and freshman Lourdes Carle each earned their first All-America accolades.

The criteria for ITA All-America honors include earning a top 16 seed in the NCAA Singles Championship, advancing to the round of 16 at the NCAA Championship or finishing in the top 20 of the final Oracle/ITA Singles Rankings.

Jokic met all three requirements to earn her second straight singles All-America honor. Gonzalez was seeded in the top 16 in her first appearance at the NCAA Singles Championships, giving her All-America honors.

In doubles, All-America recognition is given to duos that earn a top eight seed in the NCAA championship, reach the NCAA quarterfinals or finish in the top 10 of the Oracle/ITA National Doubles Rankings.

The Bulldogs’ No. 1 doubles team of Jokic and Carle advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Doubles Championships, giving Carle her first All-America recognition while Jokic claimed her second of the year and third of her career.

The pair finished with a 14-8 overall record, nine total ranked wins and the No. 11 doubles ranking after reaching the quarterfinals of the NCAA Doubles Championship.

Along with her 2018 ITA Singles All-America honor, Jokic now has three All-America accolades. She is the 19th player in program history to reach that number. The sophomore from Novi Grad, Bosnia finished her sophomore year as the NCAA All-Tournament Team No. 1 singles after leading Georgia to its first NCAA Championship appearance since 2000.

In addition to her All-America honors, Jokic was also named one of four finalists for the Honda Sport Award.

The Honda Sport Award has been presented by the Collegiate Women Sports Awards annually for the past 43 years. The award is an indicator of “the best of the best in collegiate athletics.” The winner of the award becomes a finalist for the Collegiate Woman Athlete of the Year and the 2019 Honda Cup which will be presented live on the CBS Sports Network on Monday, June 24, 2019, in downtown Los Angeles.

The nominees are chosen by a combination of NCAA Championship finishes and national tennis rankings. The Honda Sport Award winner will be announced this week. Over 1,000 administrators will cast their votes as each NCAA member institution is given a vote.

Even before the voting for the Honda Sport Award, Jokic has an impressive resume of accolades after only two seasons at Georgia. She is now a three time All-American, ITA Fall Singles Champion, NCAA All-Tournament No.1 singles, Most Outstanding Player at National Indoors and two-time First team All-SEC.

Three Bulldogs have previously won Honda Awards: Lisa Spain in 1984, Angela Lettiere in 1994 and Marissa Catlin in 1998.

Georgia has been an established women’s tennis program for some time now, and it is one of five teams with at least three All-Americans this season. Within one of the nation’s best programs, Jokic stands out among her peers.