170506_cac_torrinlawrence_0069.jpg

Georgia’s Mady Fagan during the Torrin Lawrence Memorial at Spec Towns Track in Athens, Ga. on Saturday, May 6, 2017. (Photo/Cory A. Cole)

Three Georgia jumpers secured nationally competitive marks in the second day of the Mt. SAC Relays and the opening day of the Beach Invitational in Friday’s positive overall showing.

Sophomore Aliyah Whisby moved into a tie for the national lead in the long jump with a leading attempt of 21 feet, 8 inches. The mark came on her second attempt with a -0.3 meter/second wind, giving her the sixth-best effort in school history.

Also in the jumps, senior Mady Fagan reached the six-foot mark for the first time since winning the 2017 NCAA high jump title to finish first at 6 feet.

Fagan had four third-attempt clearances to vault to sixth on this year’s national performance list.

Freshman Titiana Marsh solidified her top mark in the triple jump on her second attempt, taking fourth overall (second collegiate finisher). She traveled 43-2.50, taking over the No. 9 entry on Georgia’s all-time top-10 list. She moves into the top 20 nationally.

With her top distance on the fourth attempt, senior Hayden Merrick took a three-foot win in the discus with a 162-3 mark.

Freshman Imani Carothers advanced to the 100m hurdle final with a time of 13.62 in preliminary action. The finish moves her into the No. 10 spot in the school record books. Carothers took seventh in the final with a 13.67.

In the 400-meter hurdles, sophomore Chelsea Zoller improved her No. 10 spot in the school record books with a 1:01.58 time and a 13th-place finish. Junior Makenzi Kopp managed a personal record of 1:02.80 in the same event for 18th.

The standout freshman Elija Godwin claimed runner-up honors in the men’s 400-meter after coming across the finish line in 46.40, just .02 behind the winner.

Godwin also won his third consecutive 200m after finished in 20.90.

In the Bulldog’s lone event at the Beach Invitational, junior Marie-Therese Obst completed her six-throw series with a mark of 165-7 in the javelin for sixth place. This mark was over 20 feet better than her 2018 finish.

Day three of the Mt. SAC Relays will begin Saturday with Michael Nicholls in the men’s 110-meter hurdles at 4:55 p.m.

The women’s 4x400-meter relay is also scheduled to compete at El Camino College on Saturday.