Georgia vs. Seton Hall womens basketball0045.JPG

Georgia forward Halle Washington (23) looks for a pass over Seton Hall center Jordan Molyneaux (25) during an NCAA college basketball game between Georgia and Seton Hall, Sunday, Dec. 6, 2015, in Athens, Ga. (Photo/Joshua L. Jones joshjonesphoto@yahoo.com)

In the championship game of the 2016 Junkanoo Jam in Bimini, Bahamas, on Saturday, the Georgia women’s basketball team fell to South Florida 81-65.

“We got into some foul trouble and it really hurt us down the stretch,” associate head coach Karen Lange said. “We made several mistakes defensively tonight, and they capitalized on it every time.”

Senior forward Halle Washington scored the Bulldogs’ (4-2) first four points, but South Florida (4-0) was able to build a 15-10 lead as the first quarter ended.

It seemed as if the Bulls were going to stay in control of the game in the second quarter, but Georgia cut the lead to 34-31 after making 8-of-8 from the free-throw line, including 6-of-6 from redshirt senior forward Pachis Roberts.

Coming out of halftime, the Bulls built a sizable 64-56 lead after hitting four three pointers in the third quarter. They built upon that in the fourth quarter and finally took the 81-65 victory over the Bulldogs.

Georgia will now head back to Athens to play Kennesaw State in Stegeman Coliseum on Nov. 29.