170903_JF_ugaclemsonsoccer_0018.jpg

University of Georgia goalie Louise Hogrell blocks a kick in Sunday night's game against Clemson University in Athens, Ga. Sept 3rd, 2017 (Photo/ Justin Fountain, justingf@uga.edu)

Louise Hogrell, the University of Georgia soccer team’s starting goalkeeper from 2014 to 2017, signed with Avaldsnes Idrettslag to continue her playing career with the Norwegian club on Tuesday, July 2.

“I’m very happy to be playing soccer again,” Hogrell said. “I’m grateful for my experiences and growth at Georgia and look forward to representing the Bulldogs as I continue my career.” 

The team plays in the Toppserien, the first tier of Norwegian women’s soccer, and reached the final of the Norwegian Women’s Cup in 2013 and 2015. Hogrell will join the team in Norway soon and make her debut on Aug. 7. 

Hogrell, a native of Asa, Sweden, holds numerous spots in the Georgia record book as she ranks fifth in career shutouts with 15 and second with 346 career saves. Also, she was a three-time SEC Player of the Week and named to the SEC Honor Roll. 

“We are proud of Lou,” Georgia soccer head coach Billy Lesesne said. “She was a tremendous asset for us and will always have her name in the Georgia soccer record books. We wish her luck and look forward to following her continued success.”