190115_GMA_UGAvsKY0060.jpg

UGA men’s basketball head coach Tom Crean shouts at his team during the second half of the basketball game at Stegeman Coliseum on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019, in Athens, Georgia. The Kentucky Wildcats beat the Georgia Bulldogs with a score of 69-49. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

Head coach Tom Crean and the Georgia men's basketball team will be adding a late addition to its freshman class. 

Michael Peake, a 6-foot-7, 220-pound power forward, committed to the Bulldogs on Monday and will be a member of the 2019-20 team. 

He was planning on attending a prep school but received news last week that he could reclassify to the 2019 class. 

A three-star prospect, Peake joins a freshman class that is by no means small. Including Peake, the Bulldogs have a total of nine freshmen on their roster. Two of the players are walk-ons (Jaxon Etter and Stan Turnier). 

The freshmen scholarship players include Anthony Edwards, Rodney Howard, Sahvir Wheeler, Toumani Camara, Christian Brown and Jaykwon Walton. 

Georgia also added graduate transfer Donnell Gresham Jr. from Northeastern. With all the new additions, Georgia only has five returning players.