161014_CLS_Vandy_FirstHalf_0001.jpg

UGA X, or Que, is shown during a regular season game versus Vanderbilt University at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia, on Saturday, Oct. 15, 2016. (Photo/Casey Sykes, www.caseysykes.com)

With Georgia's regular season now in the books, Red & Black assistant sports editor John Durham looked at potential bowl games the Bulldogs could find themselves playing in moving forward.

Music City Bowl

This bowl and the Taxslayer Bowl are probably reaches for this 7-5 Georgia football team. But especially since the Bulldogs played in the Taxslayer just last season, the bowl in Nashville against an ACC or Big Ten foe would be music to Kirby Smart’s ears.

Texas Bowl

Formerly known as the Houston Bowl, this bowl still resides in the Space City but has had a few name changes in recent years. This Big 12 and SEC bowl game on Dec. 28 featured a 7-5 Texas Tech squad and 8-3 LSU team last season.       

Belk Bowl

Georgia has recently played in this Charlotte, North Carolina, bowl back in 2014. The win over Louisville that year gave Georgia a 10-win season and put the Cardinals at 9-4. Again, it could be a reach for the Bulldogs to be in this bowl, but you never know. 

Liberty Bowl

This bowl game in Memphis, Tennessee, might be the best fit for Georgia this year. Arkansas, which won the Liberty Bowl last year over Kansas State, finished the season 8-5 which is exactly what the Bulldogs could do with a bowl win. A Big 12 team would be the likely opponent. 

Birmingham Bowl

This isn’t even the best bowl in the state of Alabama but Georgia can’t play in the Iron Bowl. The Birmingham Bowl is an attainable and underwhelming bowl for this Georgia team where it would potentially meet a strong team from the American conference.