190326_GMA_SpringPractice0002.jpg

Georgia signee Tyrique Stevenson sprints during a drill at spring practice on Tuesday, March 26, 2019, in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Gabriella Audi, www.gabbyaudi10.wixsite.com/mysite-1)

Georgia football held its fifth practice of fall camp on Tuesday. Here are some observations from the 10-minute period made available to the media.

Defense

The Bulldogs were in full pads on Tuesday for the first time in fall camp.

Redshirt sophomore Eric Stokes and true freshman Tyrique Stevenson looked sharp with the corners practicing goal line coverage scenarios at one end of the field. The corners repped man-to-man pass coverage in one-on-one drills as well.

At the other end of the defensive field, the outside linebackers worked the sleds, working on their first punch off the ball. The group is handling the absence of Brenton Cox, who left the program and entered the NCAA transfer portal. The sophomore played in 13 games last season and finished with 20 tackles and one sack.

Offense

The quarterbacks and receivers were working on the route tree during the few minutes available to the media. Jake Fromm, D’wan Mathis, Stetson Bennett and Jes Sutherland could all be seen practicing short out routes and slants in a large drill using several receivers at once.

Tight ends coach Todd Hartley had his guys hard at work on the blocking sled as they nearly pushed the weighted pad into a crowd of media on the sideline.