190101_CRM_SugarBowl_GAvTexas0598.jpg

University of Georgia head football coach Kirby Smart talks during the Allstate Sugar Bowl on Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at the Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans. (Photo/Christina R. Matacotta, crmatacotta@gmail.com)

The middle of June is typically a time when college football teams prepare for the upcoming season, but Kirby Smart and his coaching staff have also been busy crafting one of the premiere 2020 recruiting classes.

According to 247 Sports, the Bulldogs have the No. 4 ranked 2020 recruiting class and based on recent visits from top recruits, it looks like there’s more on the way.

Jared Zirkel

Jared Zirkel, a kicker and punter in the class of 2020, announced his commitment to Georgia on Thursday, June 13.

The rising senior from Kerrville, Texas, recently won the 2019 University of Georgia Kickoff Competition over nearly 150 other campers. Zirkel received an offer from Georgia shortly thereafter.

With Rodrigo Blankenship’s college career coming to a close, someone like Zirkel — who has a near-60 yard kicking range — could be considered the replacement when he makes his way to Athens in 2020.

Busy Weekend

From June 14-16, numerous 2020 recruits were welcomed to Athens on visits to Georgia’s campus and football facilities.

First, five-star recruit Kendall Milton was the headliner visit of the weekend. A commitment from the 6-foot-2 220 pound running back could round off one of the best recruiting classes in the nation.

Additionally, Smart is looking to shore up the tight end position come 2020 as two four-star recruits also arrived on their official visits this past weekend. Jalin Conyers and Maliq Carr are both 6-foot-4 prospects and could be the next breakout tight ends for Georgia after Isaac Nauta was drafted in the seventh round of the NFL Draft in April.

Four-star recruit Andrew Raym was the last of the 2020 recruits to go on his official visit to Georgia this past weekend. The 6-foot-5 285 pound offensive guard could join recent commit Joshua Braun and a slew of other talented offensive lineman who will be with the Bulldogs in 2020.

Lastly, 2021 five-star defensive end recruit Donell Harris recently decommitted and reclassified to 2020 after visiting multiple schools including UGA. His commitment is wide open and Georgia could be in the mix for another promising defensive lineman.