180922_crm_mizzou_firsthalf_005.jpg

Georgia outside linebacker Brenton Cox (1) walks off the field during a football game at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Missouri on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018. The Georgia football team played against Mizzou for their fourth game of the season. (Photo/Christina Matacotta)

Outside linebacker Brenton Cox has been kicked off the Georgia football team, according to Anthony Dasher at UGASports.com.

Defensive coordinator Dan Lanning was asked about Cox at a Monday media availability but deferred the question to head coach Kirby Smart.

In the spring of 2019, Cox was arrested along with fellow outside linebacker Robert Beal for misdemeanor marijuana possession charges. The arrests occurred on April 2.

Six Georgia football players faced charges this spring, including Cox, Beal, Latavious Brini, Jaden Hunter, Tyler Simmons and Tyrique Stevenson.

In 2018, Cox played in 13 games and recorded 20 total tackles and one sack. The 6-foot-4, 245-pound sophomore was a 5-star prospect in the class of 2018. He attended Stockbridge High School.