Football Practice

Georgia defensive line coach Chris Wilson talks to his players during practice in Athens, Ga., on Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2013. (Photo/Taylor Craig Sutton, Taylorcraigsutton@gmail.com)

The floodgates have in fact opened for Georgia football.

UGA inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti is heading to the NFL for the Washington Redskins, according to a report from the Macon Telegraph. Olivadotti is not the only one taking former defensive coordinator Todd Grantham's lead out the door — Pete Roussel of CoachingSearch.com is reporting that the Bulldogs' defensive line coach Chris Wilson is heading the University of Southern California for the same position.

Olivadotti was on the Redskins' staff for 11 years prior to his three-year stint at Georgia. He coached first-round draft pick and St. Louis Ram Alec Ogletree and this year's Southeastern Conference leading tacklers in juniors Ramik Wilson and Amarlo Herrera.

Wilson joined Georgia's staff in January of 2013 after serving as the defensive coordinator for Mississippi State from 2010-2012. During his one season with the Bulldogs, Wilson coached standout defensive ends Ray Drew and Garrison Smith who tied for a conference 10th-best six sacks. Drew had zero sacks prior to Wilson's arrival.