helmet.jpg

A Georgia football player kneels with his helmet before a game against Tennessee at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia, on Saturday, Oct. 1, 2018. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Clay Webb, an offensive lineman at Georgia, was named as one of three defendants in a federal lawsuit for a bullying incident when he was a student at Oxford High School in Alabama, according to a report at AL.com. 

The lawsuit alleges that Webb allowed and encouraged the plaintiff to drink a Powerade bottle that contained Webb's semen. According to AL.com, the prank occurred on Oct. 8, 2018, when Webb was a senior. 

The plaintiff, who is a minor and is referred to as John Doe in the suit, alleged he faced continued bullying — including homophobic slurs — after the incident. He transferred to a private school before the 2019 school year, per the report. 

"While we cannot comment on this individual student matter, we review allegations of misconduct by our student-athletes and hold accountable those that do not meet our expectations," the University of Georgia Athletic Association said in a statement to The Red & Black. 

Webb committed to Georgia about two months after the alleged bullying incident. He played in two games in his freshman season.