190220_ks_basketballvsMissSt_0017.jpg

As they game picks up pace near the very end, Georgia player Jojo Toppin looks away from the court as the clock winds down. The University of Georgia men’s basketball team hosted the Mississippi State team to fall with a final score of 68-67 on Feb. 20, 2019 in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/ Kathryn Skeean)

JoJo Toppin, a freshman on last season’s Georgia men’s basketball team, has entered the NCAA transfer portal, Matt Zenitz of AL.com reported on Monday. The transfer portal allows Toppin to explore his options but doesn't mean he is guaranteed to leave the university. 

Freshman Ignas Sarguinas and sophomore Teshaun Hightower were both reported to leave the program in March. 

In the 2018-19 season, Toppin scored 25 points on the season for an average of 1.4 points per game. The 6-foot-6 forward playing time reached double digits two times during the regular season: 15 minutes in a 24-point loss to Georgia State at the Cayman Islands Classic and 10 minutes in a 25-point loss to Missouri.

Toppin was one of four players in head coach Tom Crean’s inaugural recruiting class. Crean’s second class, ranked No. 7 in the nation according to 247Sports Composite, looks a lot better on paper than his first.

Four-star forwards Toumani Camara and Jaykwon Walton have signed their letter of intent. In addition, Christian Brown and Anthony Edwards, 247Sports Composite’s No. 2 overall recruit, have committed to the Bulldogs.

Toppin graduated from Norcross High School in 2018, the same high school that Georgia forward Rayshaun Hammonds attended.