20190716_dr_SECmediadays0008.jpg

Georgia Football head coach Kirby Smart chuckles as he addresses the crowd at the second day of the 2019 SEC Football Media Days in Hoover, Alabama, on July 16, 2019. Smart touched on the upcoming season and answered questions from the media. (Photo/Daniela Rico)

SEC Football Media Days concluded on Thursday, July 18, with the media members in attendance predicting Alabama to win the 2019 SEC Championship over Georgia in a rematch of last season’s dramatic SEC Championship Game.

Alabama received 203 votes to be crowned SEC Champion on December 7 in Atlanta at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, while Georgia was second with 49 votes.

Georgia was selected to win the SEC Eastern Division with 1,789 points, including 233 first-place votes, while Florida was second with 1,499 points and 21 votes to win the division. Missouri was third with 1,149 total points. 

Alabama was picked to win the SEC Western Division with 1,813 total points, while LSU was second with 1,493. Texas A&M was third with 1,268 points.

Alabama set a new record with 12 members selected to the First Team Preseason All-SEC. The previous record was 10 by Alabama in 2017. 

Only seven times since 1992 has the predicted champion at SEC Media Days proceeded to win the SEC Championship Game, including last season’s thrilling classic. The game was the most-watched and highest-rated regular-season college football game on any network in seven years with a 10.1 rating and 17.5 million viewers. It also marked the second most-watched SEC Championship ever in 26 years since the game debuted in 1992.