PHOTO GALLERY: NCAA Gymnastics Championship

Shayla Worley competes on the balance beam, earning a 9.925. ALLISON LOVE/Staff

Georgia senior Shayla Worley has recently been named to the UGA Terry College of Business “Who’s Who Among American Universities and Colleges."

Worley was among 14 students chosen, one of five finance majors selected. The entire group will be recognized at the Terry College of Business Honors Day ceremony in April.

“It's an honor to be in Terry College, one of the finest business schools in the country," Worley said. "To be recognized as one of the best amongst the best is a great accomplishment and is representative of the culture and the excellence the entire gymnastics team strives for on a daily basis.”

Worley has been named a Scholastic All-American by the National Association of Collegiate Gymnastics Coaches/Women (NACGC/W) as well as to the SEC Academic Honor Roll for the past three years.

She was also a second-team All-American on the balance beam in 2012.

"We are so proud of Shayla,” said head coach Danna Durante. “She truly embodies the term student-athlete; she works incredibly hard in both the classroom and the gym and this is a well-deserved honor. It's very exciting to see her earn such an esteemed award after years of focus and dedication to her academics. We are extremely proud of the way she represents the University of Georgia and the Gym Dog program."

Former Gym Dog Kat Ding has also been recognized for her work outside of the gym.

Ding was named the recipient of the Gwinnett Sports Commission Prestige Award.

She has worked with Gwinnett Sports Commission to promote youth sports and Gwinnett as a sports event destination since finishing her gymnastics career last April.