181012_kes_soccer_13.jpg

University of Georgia soccer head coach Billy Lesesne discusses the plan for the last ten minutes of play time; in this case, these ten minutes were that of the second of two overtime periods. The University of Georgia soccer team hosted their “Kick for a Cure” event to raise awareness for breast cancer against the University of Tennessee on Friday October 12th, 2018 in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Kate Skeean)

Nov. 14 was the first day high school senior athletes could sign letters of intent to their school of choice.

The Georgia soccer team took full advantage, officially bringing in eight new players from the high school class of 2019.

Starting next season, the players will join an already young team, which includes only three seniors.

Chloe Chapman is the biggest name of the class not necessarily because of her soccer skills but because she also officially committed to play basketball on Wednesday for Georgia. Chapman, a native of Mitchelleville, Maryland, is the 28th-ranked basketball prospect in the nation.

She still found time to play for her high school’s soccer team. During her freshman year, she scored the only two goals for Our Lady of Good Counsel high school in a 2-0 championship victory. In her final season, Chapman dished out two assists to lead Good Counsel to yet another title, this time by a 3-2 score.

The remaining players of head coach Billy Lesesne’s most recent recruiting class include Elizabeth Ammon (Aldie, Va.), Jocelyn Hugo (Ontario, Canada), Emily Pulver (Atlanta, Ga.), Morgan Smith (Buford, Ga.), Haley Sorrell (Lewisville, Texas), Tori Wheeler (Seattle, Wash.) and Macie Witter (Foothill Ranch, Calif.).

In a disappointing 2018 season, the Bulldogs (4-9-5; 1-6-3 SEC) did not make the SEC tournament. The 2019 season schedule has yet to be announced.