20190223_dr_UGAvUMassSoftball0003.jpg

Lacey Fincher (44) bats with two outs in the bottom of the first inning. The University of Georgia Bulldogs take on the University of Massachusetts Minutewomen on Feb. 23, 2019 as part of the Georgia Classic at the Jack Turner Stadium in Athens, Georgia. The Bulldogs defeat the Minutewomen 4-0. (Photo/Daniela Rico)

Hits were hard to find for the Bulldogs as they lost the second game of their first SEC series against Missouri 7-3 on Saturday in Columbia, Missouri.

Georgia totaled four hits throughout the seven innings of action and managed three runs compared to seven runs put up by the Tigers.

It was largely a back-and-forth affair early in the game, with runs coming from a Missouri sacrifice fly and two RBI doubles. Two home runs from Mahlena O’Neal and Lacey Fincher tied the game at three going into the bottom of the fourth.

In the fourth, Missouri scored two runs thanks to the third double of the day from Brooke Wilmes. The Tigers then extended the lead to four runs after two more were tacked on in the bottom of the fifth after a two-run home run from Kim Wert.

In the circle, Kylie Bass started for the Bulldogs and only lasted into the second inning after the score was 3-2 in favor of Missouri. Alley Cutting and Lauren Mathis relieved Bass for 3.1 innings of action before giving up four more runs to the Tigers. Finally, Amanda Ablan was the last Bulldog to feature on the day and finished out the game in the seventh inning. For Missouri, Cassie Gaspar started and pitched a complete game, allowing four hits and three runs and striking out two.

Now with the series knotted at one apiece, Georgia and Missouri meet again on Sunday in Columbia, Missouri, to decide it.