180407_emh_softballvsmissouri_0015.JPG

Lu Harris-Champer is shown during a softball game against Missouri at Jack Tuner Softball Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, April 7, 2018. (Photo/ Emily Haney, emilyhaney.com)

The Georgia softball team struggled to put runs on the board, and the No. 5-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide completed a shutout win on Sunday against the No.13-ranked Bulldogs.

Georgia put together more hits than Alabama, but the Crimson Tide offense was efficient and clinched the series win over the Bulldogs.

Alabama jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first inning after a couple errors from the Bulldog infield. The Crimson Tide extended its lead to two after an RBI single by Merris Schroder in the third inning.

In the fifth inning, a big defensive play from center fielder Ciara Bryan robbed a home run. Later in the inning, Schroder continued her strong day at the plate and hit a two-run home run to bring the game to 4-0, the final score.

Alley Cutting pitched the whole game in the circle for Georgia, finishing with four strikeouts and allowing four hits and two runs.

After their first shutout loss of the season, the Bulldogs (30-13, 5-9) will finish the series against Alabama (41-4, 10-4) on Monday at 7 p.m.