180407_emh_softballvsmissouri_0014.JPG

Alysen Febrey (9) hits the ball in a softball game against Missouri at Jack Tuner Softball Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, April 7, 2018. (Photo/ Emily Haney, emilyhaney.com)

The Georgia softball team clinched its series over the No. 8-ranked Tennessee Volunteers with an 8-0 run rule win on Sunday.

Alysen Febrey’s grand slam in the sixth inning sealed the 12th run rule win of the season for the Bulldogs and pushed their record to 33-15 and 7-11 in the SEC.

Besides a five RBI day from Febrey, freshman Lacey Fincher had a two-hit day and Jordan Doggett came up big with three hits and two RBIs as well.

"I'm really proud of the offense,” head coach Lu Harris-Champer said. “They have been working with Coach Tony Baldwin a lot. He came up with a new drill and it has been fantastic. I'm proud of the kids for buying in, working hard, and playing for the team."

Kylie Bass was dominant in the circle for the Bulldogs and recorded her eighth win of the year. The senior kept the Volunteer hitters quiet the entire six innings, finishing with seven strikeouts and only allowing four hits.

"Kylie is one of the most underrated pitchers on the planet,” Harris-Champer said. “She is a true pitcher. She can change the speeds and mix the spin. She's just really special."

Now, the No. 16 ranked Bulldogs shift their focus to the final game of their home stint against Georgia State at Jack Turner Stadium on Wednesday at 6 p.m.