(180224)_KES_SoftballCharleston_0006.jpg

Cortni Emanuel, number 1, hits the ball during the softball game against the College of Charleston Cougars on Saturday, February 24, 2018, in Athens Georgia. Georgia won 6-0 against Charleston. (Photo/Kaitlynn Smith)

After a rainout postponed Sunday’s game, No. 11 Georgia and Arkansas finished their series in a day-night doubleheader on Monday in Athens.

Georgia won both games and swept the series over the Razorbacks (16-5, 0-3 SEC) improving to 22-1 on the season and 3-0 in SEC play. The Bulldogs have now won 21 consecutive contests, which stands alone for the second-longest win streak in program history.

Game one of the day went nine innings, the first extras for Georgia this season, and the Bulldogs pulled out a 1-0 win thanks to a walk-off single from Justice Milz.

Georgia came out on top by an equally slim margin in the nightcap, defeating the Razorbacks 5-4.

Brittany Gray tossed all nine innings for Georgia in game one and moved to 11-0 on the year. The nine innings thrown was the longest outing of the senior’s career.

“[Gray] was throwing a great game so we just wanted to get it done for her,” shortstop Alyssa DiCarlo said. “We weren't doing as well on offense so we were just really trying to work hard on defense to get it done.”

Offensively, the Bulldogs only tallied five hits off of Arkansas’ starter Mary Haff, who was just as impressive as Gray in the circle, in game one.

Neither team capitalized in the first eight innings with any baserunners that reached. In the eighth, Arkansas loaded the bases with no outs but was not able to push across the go-ahead run.

In the ninth, Georgia leadoff hitter Cortni Emanuel reached on an infield single then advanced on a passed ball. Milz dug in and slapped a dribbling single back up the middle to score Emanuel and win the game 1-0.

Game two was a different story offensively. Arkansas outhit Georgia 8-6, but fell a run shy in the end.

Alyssa DiCarlo led the way for the Bulldogs with a 2-for-3 outing, highlighted by her team-high eighth home run of the year.

In the home half of the third inning, Jordan Doggett and Emanuel knocked back-to-back singles to put two on. A few batters later, DiCarlo belted her three-run shot deep into the right field pines to put Georgia on top 3-0. Two more baserunners reached on a walk and hit by pitch before Mahlena O’Neal singled into left field to bring in another run. The Bulldogs led 4-0 after three.

Georgia tacked on another run in the fourth when Emanuel reached on an error and then stole second base. Milz smacked another base hit and brought in Emanuel to make it 5-0 Bulldogs.

The Razorbacks pushed across their first runs of conference play in the fifth. Haydi Bugarin drew a two-out walk then leadoff hitter Autumn Buczek doubled to bring home Bugarin. Another walk then an error by Milz plated a second run.

Arkansas cut the lead to one run in the sixth thanks to Katie Warrick. The junior belted a two-run home run off of reliever Mary Wilson Avant to make it a 5-4 contest midway through the sixth inning.

Two more baserunners reached for the Razorbacks, calling for Georgia’s Brittany Gray to enter the circle for the third time in as many games. Gray made her second relief appearance of the season and stifled the comeback attempt. She picked up a strikeout before allowing an infield single and loading the bases. However, her 100th strikeout of the season left the bases loaded as she squeezed out of the jam. No more runs were scored in the contest.

Junior Kylie Bass picked up the victory in the circle for Georgia as she threw 4.2 innings and yielded two runs on four hits. Bass improved to 9-0 on the year.

Gray picked up her first save of the season from her 1.2 innings of relief.