190202_RAC_BBvsSC-12.jpg

Georgia guard Teshaun Hightower (1) protects the ball from his defender. The University of Georgia Men’s Basketball team fell to South Carolina with a final score of 80-86 on Saturday, February 2, 2019 in Stegeman Coliseum. (Photo/Ryan Cameron rac86114@uga.edu)

On Monday, sophomore Teshaun Hightower thanked the Georgia program for his two years on the men's basketball team. 

Although he didn’t explicitly say it, all signs indicate the guard, who averaged 6.6 points and started in 17 games this season, intends to transfer. 

Hightower was recruited by former head coach Mark Fox and played sparingly during the 2017-2018, starting only three games. He scored 13 points and added seven rebounds in a 62-60 win over Missouri in the 2018 SEC Tournament, garnering potential for improvement in 2019. 

This season, the sophomore from Lithonia, Georgia, logged double-digits in minutes in every game until Feb. 16 against LSU.  

He only played eight minutes against the Tigers and saw his minutes drop to only five in the last two games of the season.