191130_JCA_TECHsecondhalf_21.jpg

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart stands on the sideline. The Georgia Bulldogs defeated the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets with a final score of 52-7 on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo/Julian Alexander jalexander@randb.com)

Despite losing former offensive line coach Sam Pittman to the head coaching job at Arkansas, Georgia didn’t skip a beat recruiting Broderick Jones.

The five-star tackle from Lithonia, Georgia, officially signed with the Bulldogs on Wednesday, choosing Georgia over offers from Auburn, Arkansas and Illinois.

Jones, who had been committed to Georgia since April 26, 2018, did not sign during the early signing period in December 2019. Instead, Jones took three more official visits to Arkansas on Jan. 17, Illinois on Jan. 22 and Georgia on Jan. 25. Jones did not attend his final official visit scheduled with Auburn on Jan. 31.

The 6-foot-5, 298 pound lineman is the No. 2 tackle in the nation and No. 3 player from the state of Georgia, per the 247Sports Composite. The 11th-best player in the class of 2020, Jones is the second-highest rated player in Georgia’s class behind only cornerback Kelee Ringo at No. 4.