190220_jca_finals_24.jpg

Olivia Carter, a freshman butterfly and individual medley swimmer from Greensboro, North Carolina, swims during the evening session of finals on day 2 of the 2019 SEC swim and dive championships on Feb. 20, 2019 at the Gabrielson Natatorium in Athens, Georgia. According to unofficial results published on Meet Mobile, the Georgia women rank fourth out of ten teams; the Georgia men rank seventh. (Photo/Julian Alexander).

On the last day of the NCAA swimming and diving championships, one Lady Bulldog took home an All-American placement time.

Freshman Olivia Carter earned a new career-best time in the 200-yard butterfly prelim Saturday morning, clocking in at 1:52.70. She later raced a 1:53.06 in the finals. Her prelim time is recorded as the new No. 3 time on Georgia’s all-time list.

“It was an interesting meet and I thought our kids just fought hard,” head coach Jack Bauerle said. “We had some holes on the relay this year but we had some ladies with fantastic swims today. It’s a long three and a half days but they all raced hard. I think this meet is going to make us hungry and give us that push we need heading into spring training."

Dakota Luther and Courtney Harnish saw the event’s consolation final, earning the ninth and 13th spots overall, respectively.

On the diving side, Freida Lim scored 246.75 points and finished 15th overall for the event.

The Lady Bulldogs finished the championship meet in 18th place with 66 points. The top three spots were claimed by Stanford, California and Michigan.

The NCAA championship season continues next week with the men’s competition in Austin, Texas on Wednesday, March 27th. Georgia Bulldogs competing include seniors Aidan Burns and James Guest; juniors Javier Acevedo, Clayton Forde, Walker Higgins, and Kevin Miller; sophomores Camden Murphy and Greg Reed along with freshman Andrew Abruzzo. The Bulldogs will bring seniors Blake Atmore and Alex BeMiller with sophomores Jack Dalmolin and Billy Rothery as relay alternates.