180325_apa_UGAmt0017.jpg

A Georgia player picks up a ball during a college tennis match between Georgia and Tennessee at the Lindsey Hopkins Indoor Tennis Courts in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, March 25, 2018.

Class of 2018 five-star recruit Trent Bryde of Suwanee, Georgia, has signed a national letter intent to play for the the University of Georgia men's tennis team, as announced by the university on Thursday.

According to tennisrecruiting.net, Bryde is the No. 1 prospect in Georgia and the No. 4 prospect in the country from the 2018 signing class.

“Trent is one of the best players in the country,” head coach Manuel Diaz said. “He had a lot of options coming out of high school with the career he has had, but we are so excited he chose to stay home and play for the Bulldogs.”

Bryde currently is enrolled at the International Connection Academy. The five-star recruit has reached a career-high ranking of eighth overall in the International Tennis Federation Junior World rankings.

His list of accomplishments continues with competing in four junior Grand Slams and qualified to play at the ITF Junior Masters Event in Chengdu, China. Bryde was only one of eight junior players internationally to be invited.

Bryde will be joining two other five-star recruits, Britton Johnston and Blake Croyder, in Georgia’s upcoming signing class. All three are from the state of Georgia and will be collegiate freshmen on Georgia’s 2018-2019 team.